On July 23, IDP along with New York University School of Law Immigrant Rights Clinic and Families for Freedom, released “Insecure Communities, Devastated Families: New Data on Immigrant Detention and Deportation Practices in New York City.” In the wake of growing deportation programs such as the recently-activated “Secure Communities” initiative, this new report sheds light on the precise ways in which current detention and deportation practices are wreaking havoc on New York City immigrants and their communities. The deportation system is devastating families by not only threatening to exile their loved ones, but also often forcing immigrants to fight their cases for years while locked up in far-away immigration jails.
- News & Events
- 9th Circuit rules immigration judges can’t deport based on alleged facts a criminal judge or jury never found
- IJN ACTION ALERT: Call or Tweet Senate Judiciary Committee to not leave many out of path to citizenship
- URGENT: Action & Sign on Letter to Oppose CIR Deportation Provisions Based on Allegations of Gang Membership
- Press conference to End Stop-and-Frisk and S-Comm: May 15, 9 a.m. City Hall
- URGENT: CALL NOW TO OPPOSE AMENDMENT GUTTING JUDICIAL REVIEW