Our Hotline Number: 212.725.6422
IDP provides the only free criminal-immigration hotline in the country. We offer criminal-immigration analyses to criminal defenders, immigration advocates, and immigrants and their loved ones.
We encourage people to call us on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, when our hotline is best staffed. However, please do not hesitate to leave a voicemail at any time. We promise to return calls in a timely fashion.
When calling the hotline, please have the following information ready:
- Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- Date of Entry to the United States
- Manner of Entry (for example, with a green card, on a temporary visa, crossing the border without documents, as a refugee)
- Current Immigration Status (for example, green card holder, temporary visa holder, undocumented, asylee/refugee, Temporary Protected Status)
- Whether Person Has Ever Been Deported
- Immigration Status of Family Members (spouse, parents, children)
FAX NUMBER: 800-391-5713